Managed Platform - A single outsourced technology solution
Managed Platform – Overview
Managed Platform is a technology solution that provides customers with a single outsourced technology service encompassing all aspects of financial sector technology. The service is delivered globally with a particular focus on key technology centres in Asia, Europe and the U.S. Leveraging over 20 years of experience, the platform blends security, compliance and engineering best practice with the latest advances in cloud, desktop and mobile technology. The solution is fully managed with 24×7, high touch support.
The platform has three broad components:
– Desktop, communication and access technology delivered from the cloud.
– The design, build and maintenance of the physical office hardware, storage and network infrastructure.
– The management of all aspects of technology, security, project management and purchasing.
- Enterprise-grade infrastructure providing a resilient, secure and compliant platform that is SOC-accredited with best-in-class information security for clients.
- SSAE 16 SOC 1 & 2 and ISAE 3402 accreditations for both managed services AND data centers.
- 24×7 desktop and onsite support: All platform services are monitored 24×7 by our in-house support team.
- Delivery, project and technical account management provided as standard.
- Vendor management and purchasing.
Systems – Delivered From the Cloud
Options’ managed platform delivers and supports desktop applications from the cloud to all client offices worldwide. PC operating systems and applications can be mass-deployed and updated using Microsoft’s powerful System Center Configuration Manager.
Leveraging Microsoft’s Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 platform for mail, instant messaging and voice/video conferencing, our managed platform allows easy and effective communication from our clients’ offices or on the move.
Our global Citrix deployment and Checkpoint VPN solutions allow simple and secure access to network-hosted resources from anywhere with an internet connection. Options also deploys and supports fully-functional home offices using secure DMVPN setup.
Infrastructure – Managed: Design, Build and Maintain
Our client’s office network is designed, built and maintained by experienced network engineers and project managers. Regular audits of on-site hardware, client-coordinated upgrades and local area network monitoring ensures a fully redundant working environment for our clients.
The global managed platform rests on a global backbone of robust, state-of-the-art network and storage hardware. All solutions are hosted in a ‘hot/hot’ configuration between separate data centres, all connected with multiple fibre circuits.
Options’ managed platform implements industry-leading security practices across the entire network. From our firewalled and IPS/IDS-protected network perimeter down to our client desktop policies, Options security team gives our clients peace of mind.
Security & Compliance
- Fully redundant Fortinet firewalls and IPS/IDS in each region
- Global FortiMail gateway security
- Virus & Malware Scanning with constantly updated Trend Micro deployment
- File Server change auditing / reporting with Varonis
- Mail and IM archiving with Global Relay
- Reliable Voice Recording with Red Box
- Secure BYOD Management with MobileIron
- SSAE 16 Type II & SOC2 Type II Certified
- Dual Factor Authentication with all Remote Access
- Manage a secure desktop estate with control over USB/CD-ROM Access, user admin rights, password policy and application blacklisting
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 mail back-end
- Microsoft Office Pro Plus front-end
- Instant messaging, presence, screen-sharing, voice and video-conferencing with Microsoft Lync
- Global Cisco VoIP Telephony – have a local number anywhere in the world
- Integration with a large number of Video Conferencing providers
- Redundant regional file sharing and network-hosted user private drives
- FTP/SFTP web-based file sharing
Service – High Touch Delivery
With 7 offices worldwide, our 24×7 Support Desk are well-equipped to deal with the needs of our clients anywhere in the world. Managed platform clients enjoy on-site support as standard in all regions.
All platform services are monitored 24×7 by our in-house Network Operations Centre (NOC). A full suite of automated alerting is also provided – tailored to fit our clients’ needs. Client monitoring dashboards can also be created to give full transparency into network health.
All major accounts are assigned a dedicated Technical Account Manager to ensure a high-touch and personal relationship between the client and Options. Regular face-to-face meetings and structured engagement model allows excellent co-ordination for ongoing projects and service in general.
With our global, experienced purchasing and procurement team, Options offers a solution to take the hassle out of sourcing hardware, software, licensing and connectivity.
- 24×7 follow-the-sun global support desk
- 24×7 network operations center
- Technical account management team
- On-site support offered as standard in all regions
- In region procurement
- Customised reporting
- Fact-to-face engagement with TAM, Support and engineering teams
- Real-time network & server mail alerts
- Project dashboards & collaboration with Atlassian JIRA & Confluence
- Tailored monitoring dashboards with Splunk
- Secure desktop access through Fortinet VPN
- Remote access to hosted applications, desktops and VDIs through a resilient global Citrix deployment
- Dual factor authentication with all remote access
- Mail and applications securely delivered to users’ own devices with Mobile Iron
- Fully functional home offices deployed & managed using secure DMVPN setup
- Entire platform hosted on completely resilient, ‘hot-hot’ architecture
- Daily, weekly and monthly backups to tape – your data retained for 7 years
- Tapes stored off-site with industry leading tape management companies
- All key services replicated between global datacenters
- A knowledgeable & capable engineering team to assist with DR plans and exercises